What is Canadian Tire Jump Start?
There is a growing need in our communities to make physical activity a priority in the lives of Canadian children. Canadian Tire is committed to providing Canadian children with the opportunity to participate in sports and recreation so they can develop essential life skills, self-esteem and confidence. To help make this happen, the Canadian Tire Foundation for Families introduced its national signature program, Canadian Tire JumpStart, which will deliver assistance to give all kids a sporting chance.
To provide financially disadvantaged children in Canada with the opportunity to participate in sports and recreational activities
Guidelines for Funding:
Greater Vernon KidSport as a community partners is responsible for identifying children in financial need looking to participate in sports and recreational activities. Our goal is to help those children that would not have been able to participate in a physical activity without the assistance of Canadian Tire JumpStart. Listed below are the general guidelines put in place for assistance through Canadian Tire Jump Start:
- Ages: 5 to 18
- The program is designed to get children active
- Funding up to $300 per child, (keep in mind that we want to help as many kids as possible)
- Funding is available for members of the same family for the same season
- Funding can be provided to the same child for successive seasons
- Funding preference is to pay for registration fees with consideration to fund equipment or transportation costs on a case by case basis
Download Application Form - 120Kb PDF